Sunday, January 22, 2012

january 21-22, 2012
arbor street
office of audioevolution, llc

Saturday, white morning written pages to the tune of a favorite concert (Koln concert by Keith Jarrett). All elements of the writer's trade at hand: smokes (though that must be done outside, and more on that later), music, the empty page and my fountation pen. Now, I could delay things immensely, as I used to in days past, to stop and take out my camera to show you pictures of all those elements, but is it not better that I leave it to your imagination.)

Words, words, words, the immortal character intones.
For him a mockery
For me an incantation
Interruption...

Off the shovel snow, and now the wife is gone. The house is mine.
Light them up. We will handle the storm of fury on her return. She is off to saturday sessions, listening to people. They share grief, pain, addiction, withheld feelings, hidden secrets, longings and desires whilst I grasp at

What is it that I grasp at?
Answers to unsolveable questions
forgiveness of past sins
the torments of personal failings

Scattered thoughts
a few gems to preserve on paper
while the rest sink like stones

first snow at Kilkare cottage
Looking out o'er the middle ocean
a three year hermitage
there were many words, words, words
written on the pages of the countless journals
Someday, soon I shall gather all the shards
and piece them back together
bind them, marry them
and it will be a song of creation
soon forgotten.



"Dissecting Gum" by Ariel
Post-Production by Jobe Jr.



No comments: